The Centre for the Analysis of Reforms in Justice,
Politics and Society was established by the will of its associates - Institutul European / The European Institute Iaşi and "Petre Andrei" University of Iaşi – and it was legalised by the Decision of the Iaşi Court no. 16871/245/211 of July 15th 2011.
The purpose of the association "Centre for the Analysis of Reforms in Justice,
Politics and Society" is to develop scientific research that focuses on the analysis and the assessment of the manner in which the various institutions and organisations from the fields of law, politics, and society operate, both in Romania and abroad. It aims to support the good government of justice and the development of legal studies in Romania, from a comparative perspective, to promote the participation of Romanian specialists in the European debate concerning the transformation of legal systems and the study of their impact on political regimes and on society, to contribute to the training of specialists in various legal, political, and social fields, through graduate and post-graduate training programs. In order to fulfil these missions, the Association will collaborate with academics, researchers, and
The Centre’s main objectives are:
- to analyse and assess, on a regular basis, the activity of legal institutions and organisations from Romania, and from the European Union area;
- to analyse and assess, on a regular basis, the activity of political institutions and organisations from Romania, and from the European Union area;
- to analyse and assess, on a regular basis, the activity of social institutions and organisations from Romania, and from the European Union area;
- to ensure the dissemination of research results, in the form of regular analyses and assessments, in printed, audio, video, and online media;
- to initiate, organise, and support public debates (in the form of public lectures, conferences, round tables, symposia, and workshops) on topics relative to the assessment of organisations from various legal, political, and social fields, both from the Romanian and the European area, as well as to the need to reform them;
- to cooperate with higher education establishments, from the country and from abroad, in order to carry out the scientific inquiries needed for the drawing up of the up-to-date analyses and evaluations concerning the functioning of the organisations from the fields of law, politics, and society, from Romania and from abroad;
- to access funds for public and private institutions in order to support their organisational development;
- to offer quality services and to promote models of good practice in various legal, political, and social fields;
- to promote and support bills and laws concerning the reform of justice, politics, and society;
- to organise and carry out a series of graduate, post-graduate, or lifelong training programs in various legal, political, and social fields, in partnership with higher education establishments from the country or from abroad, and/or with institutes of research;
- to organise conferences, symposia, seminars on various themes, according to the objective set;
- to initiate and develop direct contacts with similar organisations from the country and from abroad;
- to take part in inter-regional and/or international consortia or networks whose aim is to materialise partnerships in professional training, exchange, and mobility programs in our fields of interest;
- exchanges on various themes, in agreement with the Centre’s goal;
- to support logistically and financially the specialists involved in the programs developed under the objective set.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Association will use the services of specialists from various fields (law, politics, social studies, economics, etc.).
Department of Legal Analysis;
Department of Socio-Political Analysis.